10 Ways to Make a Difference
We think everyday is a great day to make a difference. Today is Make a Difference Day, one of the largest annual single-days of service nationwide, and we challenge you to be a changemaker in your own community!
Here are 10 little things you can do to make a BIG DIFFERENCE!
1. Pick up trash in your neighborhood or local park. Don't forget to recycle!
2. Rake leaves for your neighbor. It's always important to let our neighbors know that we care about them. Let's help them rake up leaves or do yard work!
3. Have a bake sale with friends and donate the funds to your favorite local charity!
4. Organize canned goods at home and take extras to a food pantry. They'll be so thankful!
5. Make cookies for local firefighters and law enforcement. We need to serve those who protect and serve us every day!
6. After you get your new winter coat, donate your old one to your local Salvation Army, Goodwill, or shelter.
7. Host a toy drive and donate to children in need.
8. Brighten walls and smiles by teaching arts and crafts at a local children's hospital.
9. Volunteer at a soup kitchen with your family!
10. Be a superhero for Halloween! Wear your changemaker cape and tell all your friends how they can be one, too!
Want to find or start a project in your neighborhood that makes a difference? Check out the Make A Difference Day website!